Saturday, November 27, 2010

Advent Devotion - November 28th


1st Day of Advent
Written by: Margene Wampole


Reading: 1 John 3:18-20
"Little children, let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action. And by this we will know that we are from the truth and will reassure our hearts before him whenever our hearts condemn us; for God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.”
1 John 3: 18-20

Advent is preparing for the Promised One. When I think that "God is greater than our hearts, and He knows everything" I am at ease. He loves me just the way I am and I resolve to try to love others just the way they are, too. Each of us is at a different place in our journey and we tend to have expectations of others that they may not be ready or able to fill. It isn't easy to accept people where they are is it? I'll try to be open to the will and love of God and pass it on, not just in words but in actions and in truth. With the Lord's help, I can prepare my heart and mind for the blessing of Christmas.

Lord Jesus,
Help us to watch our expectations of others. Guide us to be more like you in every way, loving others as you love us. Amen.

No comments: