Thursday, November 29, 2012

Advent Devotional - Day 2


DECEMBER 2 – Luke 1: 30-38
By: Renee Rose

Miracles happen all the time throughout the year. As we begin the Christmas season and celebrate the birth of Christ we often think, pray and hope more for miracles small and big. I find myself reflecting on the miracles I have had in my life. Most of them very simple and small and I am reminded that each day we are blessed with miracles. What are your miracles this holiday season?

The message in Luke 1:30-38 contains more than one miracle. Mary receives a message that she will have a child, the son of “the Most High, And the Lord God”. This doesn’t seem like a miracle for Mary but this is a miracle to for all of us. The Savior will be born. The other miracle is given to Elizabeth. She will have a child even though she was not expected to have a child. “For nothing is impossible with God”.

I was also reminded by my husband that the message is also about fear and trust. We often let fear guide and control us. The angel begins this message with “do not be afraid” and this message is repeated again throughout the bible. God is with us. God loves us and has sent his son as everlasting proof of that love. In the faces of that, there is no need to fear. Mary proves that by serving the Lord and accepting his word.

Lord, I pray that I will lead each day with less fear and more love in my heart. May we all be blessed with your miracles big and small throughout the year ahead. AMEN.

No comments: