Monday, February 27, 2012

Lenten Reflections - Day 5

February 27: John 1:14-18
By: Karole Schuster

Putting my thoughts into words is a great struggle for me. I feel that they may not be profound or be viewed as too simple. As I read the verses and commentaries, I struggled over what I should write. Would my words make it any clearer to those reading them? The answer is no. What it really comes down to is that many men delivered the Word of God before Jesus became man. God’s laws were delivered by men. However, it was not until Jesus became man that God walked among us. God loves us so much that he gave us His son. It is by His grace alone that we are saved.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, Thank you for the gift of Jesus Christ. Thank you for Your living word. Thank you for Your everlasting love and kindness. Watch over all who are seeking your truth. In your holy name we pray. Amen

Family Moment
Can you see air? You breath it every moment of every day, but you can’t see it. God is like air. He is with us every moment of every day, but we can’t see Him. Close your eyes for a moment. Imagine what you think God looks like; picture Him with you, always.

God, thank you for being with me all the time. Thank you for loving me, no matter what, even though I can’t see you. AMEN

No comments: