Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day 8 -- The Power We Have to Effect the Lives of Others with Grace


During my internship and residency, my supervising pastor would chide me, "Sunshine (that was his nickname for me)! How many souls you saved today???"

This was his code language for, "Are you being productive? Is God's kingdom better for your presence on this planet today? Is what you are doing mattering for the world around you?"

Warren asks a similar question for the day. He puts it like this: "Will anybody be in heaven because of you?"

Personally, I want you all to wrestle with a different question. Biblically, being saved IS NOT going to heaven. Rather, in the New Testament, salvation is knowing Jesus. So I think the real question, the money question, is "Will anybody KNOW Jesus because of you?"

Well, WILL anyone know Jesus because of you?

No comments: