Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lenten Reflection - April 14th


Written by: Marie Hoder

Reading: Luke 24:36-40

36 While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38 He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.” 40 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet.

Jesus risen and alive seemed to be too good to be true, even though the disciples were talking about the sightings. But they needed to know he was real, that he really did rise from the dead. He wanted to turn their fear and doubt into belief. He wanted them to be his witnesses.

Sometimes we feel Jesus is too good to be true as well. HE died for me? He knows all my secrets and He still loves me that much? But it is true! Jesus is all that. He wants to turn our fear and doubt into belief. He wants us to be his witnesses in our world. We can celebrate victory over death with the risen Jesus.

Prayer: Jesus, You are amazing! Thank You for loving us even when we doubt and our faith is not strong. May we be Your witnesses in the world, to show the light of Your love to others. Amen!

No comments: