Friday, March 25, 2011

Lenten Reflection - March 26th


Written by: Lou Shives

Reading: Micah 7:18-19
18 Who is a God like you,
who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
but delight to show mercy.
19 You will again have compassion on us;
you will tread our sins underfoot
and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

What an amazing scripture. During this Lenten season, I am reminded of the love of God who gave His only begotten Son as a living sacrifice for my/our sins. Micah encourages me by saying that God is not an angry God, but rather a merciful and compassionate God who pardons my iniquities and casts my sins into the ocean. As a parent, I can’t imagine how it would feel to have a child become a living sacrifice. At times I question myself, “Does Jesus know what His death and resurrection mean to me?”, “Do I thank God enough for all that He has done for me”? and “Do my actions reflect my love for God?” What comfort to know that while I try to become more like Him, He forgives me for my imperfections as an individual and parent. To Him be the glory both now and forever.

Lord: You gave Your life as a living sacrifice for me. I am Yours. Enable me to glorify You in everything I do, in everything I say, and with everything I have. Amen

No comments: