Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lenten Reflection - March 30th


Written by: Joanne Spalding

Reading: Hebrews 11:1, 6-7

1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. 7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.


When I was diagnosed with cancer why was I unable to take my diagnosis and fears to God when my faith was truly needed? Initially, I followed the grief cycle, passing through each stage; denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Something was missing with acceptance. I needed to share with God. I remembered the Bible passages from both Abraham and Noah – both trusted God when their lives took some unexpected turns. Real faith produces startling results. I needed to take my fears to God. Faith is especially needed when we face our immortality. Each day, I pray in early morning and late night, thanking him for getting me through another day and just keeping God aware of my complete faith in him. Results are not always visible but sharing my faith in him feels good immediately.

God – Grant me the strength to focus on my goal of understanding the importance of faith in my daily life on good days and on bad. Amen

No comments: