Thursday, December 10, 2009

Advent Devotional - Day 13: Becky Rotroff

December 11, 2009

READING: Psalm 24:7-10

“Lift up your heads, O you gates;
Lift them up, you ancient doors,
That the King of glory may come in.
Who is he, this King of glory?
The Lord Almighty—-
He is the King of glory.”

Psalm 24:9-10

As we approach the celebration of the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, I find Advent a time to reflect on everything I have to be thankful for in this life. Sure, life is challenging at times, however, it is my faith in the Lord that keeps me going and I hope the same is true for you.

The Message version of Psalms 24:7 shouts out, “Wake up, you sleepyhead”. Does this take you back to when you were a child and your mother would stand at your door or by your bed, possibly even shaking you, saying these words? Was it because something wonderful was going to happen that day and you needed to get ready?

David is proclaiming to the people to “Wake Up”, to “Lift up your heads” because something wonderful is about to happen to them and he wants them ready. The Lord is coming! He is entering their gates.

Christ our Savior,
This season I pray that I will wake up each morning with Your love in my heart and be ready to walk with You all day. I pray that You will enter the gates of my life so we can all rejoice. Amen.

No comments: