Friday, December 4, 2009

Advent Devotional - Day 7: by Bill Nasworthy


December 5, 2009
READING: Isaiah 12:1-6

“Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously;
Let this be know in all the earth.
Shout aloud and sign for joy, O royal Zion,
For great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.”
Isaiah 12: 5-6

These verses were actually songs singing the praises of The Lord and all of his deeds. They tell us “for though you were angry with me, your anger turned away, and you comforted me.” Despite our short comings, our Father loves us……always. The praises continue with “I will trust, and will not be afraid, for the Lord is my strength and my might.” No matter what our lives are going through, the path we trod, Our Lord is “my salvation.” We are to “make known his deeds among the nations; proclaim that his name is exalted.” One of our jobs is to spread the Word and tell others of His greatness. “Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be known in all the earth.” Indeed! Praise the Lord in all you do. Without Him, you are nothing and have nothing. “I will give thanks to you, O Lord.”
How will you sing praises to The Lord?

Lord God Our Savior, let us sing praises of our love for you this Christmas and sing them loudly, so all will hear and join in. Amen

No comments: