Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Advent Devotional - Day 5: by Neil Lund


December 3, 2009
READING: Psalm 89:19-26

Once you spoke in a vision, to your faithful people you said: “I have energized a warrior; I have raised up a young man from the people. I have found David, my servant. With my sacred oil I have anointed him.
Psalm 89: 19-20

The Psalmist, Ethan, looks forward by looking back. He recalls God's promise to David - to give strength, protection, love and to deliver on His promises. Ethan also looked forward with those promises being fulfilled again. God again delivered on his promises with his Son, Jesus. Similarly we can look back to David and to Jesus and be assured that God will provide strength, protection and love to us.

Christ Jesus,
Just like the promise God made to his people to raise up David to protect his people, God promised to give us a King to save us. Thank you for keeping your promise to us and sending your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: