Thursday, December 1, 2011

Advent Devotional - 6th Day



Friday, December 2nd, 2011

Written by: Rob Coble

Readings: Genesis 22:1-19


“On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.”

Faith. How many of us claim each Sunday our Faith but try and take back control of our lives the minute we walk out of our places of worship? Is it our will or God's by which we choose to live our lives? As I grow older I am learning the difference between what I want and what I need. I am fortunate and blessed that I have never gone hungry or found myself without shelter, yet at times I take for granted the things that are provided for me on a daily basis. I find that my life is a lot less complicated when I get out of the way and let God take care of me. The more I try to steer the ship the more chaotic it usually becomes. Finding a quiet time to spend in conversation with God provides the direction I need to navigate life, but only if I listen to his word and his direction. I know that God believes in me and wants the best for me.

Dear Lord, you give so much yet ask for so little. Help me remember and focus on the gratitude in my life and comprehend your love for me and my well being. By understanding your love for me, I can't go wrong if I get out of the way and follow your direction. Amen.



Family Moments:

Friday: Week 1, Isaac, Offering of Isaac, Ram
In today’s story, God provided the ram for the sacrifice. Talk about the things that God has provided in your life that you could sacrifice. Clean out your pantry of canned and boxed foods that you can bring to church on Sunday. Color the ornament and add it to your Jesse Tree.

No comments: