Saturday, December 13, 2014


Advent Devotion, December 13, 2014
Reading:  Matthew 11: 25-30
Written by :  Carolyn Champagne

Gosh, I read these verses and can’t help but marvel at how gracious our Lord is to us.  Verses 28 thru 30 speak to me the loudest as Jesus almost begs us to lay our burdens down and let him deal with them.  Let him take them on and walk with you till all is well again.  Then our burdens are lite and our stress is nothing.

Over the past 2 years I have had to deal with some serious health issues with my mother.  It is so stressful making sure she is taken care of and under good medical care so that she can once again live on her own and not be so dependent on others.  I worry and stress over whether my sister and I are making the right decisions for her and that she is comfortable.  But each time I finally wised up and realized that I can’t do this on my own.  I need to turn it over to Jesus.  I leave the stress to him AND the outcome.  It is in his hands.  He has not let me down yet.  Even the little things, that made life easier during her healing process, had to be the Lord’s work.  The stress was lifted and I am grateful.


Dear Lord, thank you for offering to take our burdens from us.  Open our eyes to see this gift you give us and let us only have to ask for your help to receive your blessing.  Amen.

No comments: