Tuesday, December 16, 2014


Advent Devotion, December 16, 2014
Reading:  Philippians 2: 1-11
Written by:  Elaine Cornelius

As we move closer to the celebration of Jesus’ birth, looking at love makes sense. Jesus was sent because of God’s love for us. How do we show love? Love is understood to be action, not just words. God understands love perfectly. His gift of a savior is a clear demonstration of his love for us.  We are asked to be joyful in hope, patient in troubling situations and faithful in prayer.  

Love in Action 

How do I create love in action? 
Where do I find it on earth? 
As I prepare my heart for celebration 
Can I learn salvation’s worth? 

Called to release my grip on evil, 
I hold fast to what is right. 
Finding hope through my trials, 
I pray through day and night. 

Let me be passionate in spirit. 
Lord, You refresh my tired soul. 
You give me strength for the journey. 
I know You are in control. 

Oh come, precious Savior. 
This world is in need of You. 
Though, as I help my neighbor, 
I serve the Master too. 

So, I strive to be love in action 
Live life as Christ would now 
I’ll accept grace and show compassion 
Lord, to Your will, I bow 

Prayer 
Lord, thank You for teaching us about love.  You help us know that through serving others we demonstrate Your love in the world. In Your name I pray, Amen. 


No comments: