Thursday, December 4, 2014


Advent Devotional, December 4, 2014
Reading:  Luke 1: 67-79
Written by:  Sue Leffin


A Promise Fulfilled
The day I brought my new baby home from the hospital, I must have held him for hours.  I just couldn’t let him out of my arms.  As I counted his perfect little fingers and toes, I felt my life being transformed by the love of this tiny gift from God.  Nothing would ever be the same.

I wonder, then, how two women 2000 years ago felt as they held each other and talked about the babies they would soon bear.  Elizabeth, an older mom (like me), who thought she would not have any children, is now expecting a son who will pave the way for the promised Savior.   A Promise she had been hearing about her whole life.  And, then, her relative Mary visits and she knows that God’s Love is embodied as a tiny baby.   These small miracles that they hold near to their hearts will transform the world.  How awesome.  Nothing would ever be the same.

The Lord has given so many abundant gifts to us.  But the Gift of Love in the form of a tiny baby is the most miraculous gift of all. 

Have a blessed Christmas

No comments: