Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Advent Devotion - December 23rd


26th Day of Advent
Written by: Julie Parker

Reading: Luke 12:35-38

"Be dressed for action and have your lamps lit; be like those who are waiting for their master to return from the wedding banquet, so that they may open the door for him as soon as he comes and knocks.”
Luke 12:35-36

During Advent Christians all over the world once again, joyously anticipate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Let us think about this scripture where Luke tells of Jesus message to always be ready to serve God, as we never know when he will come again; we should remain steadfast in our faith, honoring him with our service. If we keep God foremost in our hearts, speaking with him often in thought and prayer, and walk each day with Jesus at our side, we will be blessed.

Dear Lord, thank you for the gift of your son, Jesus Christ and the love for me you show each day. During this season of Advent help me to remember I am your servant, ready to do as you ask. Help me learn to turn my burdens to you, so that I may be free to follow you with an open heart. Amen.

No comments: