Friday, December 3, 2010

Advent Devotion - December 5th


8th Day of Advent
Written by: Gail Seeram

Reading: John 14:21
They who have my commandments and keep them are those who love me; and those who love me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them.
John 14:21

During the advent season, we get so busy preparing and celebrating with family and friends that we sometimes stray from the real meaning of Christmas. In the days leading up to Christmas, remember to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ and the light and love he brought into our lives.

The New Revised Standard Version of John 14:21 used the word “love” four times. This scripture is a reminder that God’s love for each of us is real and tangible. God created us to love and encourages us to love him by following his commandments. Experience the love of God by reaching out beyond your comfort zone of your friends, family, church, or workplace. Trust in God and step out with the love of God!

Heavenly Father – Through love you created me and I pray to never lose sight of your love for me. In my daily life, help me to further the mission of St. Stephen Lutheran Church - Love God, Love People and Make Disciples. Amen.

No comments: