Friday, December 3, 2010

Advent Devotion - December 4th


7th Day of Advent
Written by: Maritza Hall

Reading: Isaiah 12:1-6
Behold, God, my salvation!
I will trust and not be afraid,
for the Lord God is my strength and song.
He has become my salvation.......
Sing praises to the Lord, for He has done excellent things;
let this be made known to all the earth.
Isaiah 12:2, 5

With these words I am reminded of two important things. First is to know that I have nothing to fear, for God provides my strength, security and my joy through Jesus and that I can trust and rely in Him.
The second is that knowing about God’s love calls me to share this with others. I pray that wherever I go, whatever I do and whatever I say, God’s loving presence is being manifested through my actions and words.

Heavenly Father, Let us know no fear for you have told us not to be afraid. With this promise help guide us to share your love with others around us so they will also feel the joy of knowing you. Amen.

No comments: