Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lent 2014 - March 10

MARCH 10 – Matthew 25:34-36
By: Cyd Law


34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

This passage reminds me that I am the hands and feet of Jesus and if anything is going to get done in the fight against hunger, homelessness, injustice, and sickness I have to step up to the plate and take action. That is a scary thought and for many years I just sat on the sidelines and watched others do the work. I gave some money here and there to help out but I always said I was too busy to actually do something myself. Then a friend asked me if I could help him deliver bread from a little bakery in Casselberry to the homeless shelters in downtown Orlando. Well what was supposed to be only when he needed help has turned into an every other week volunteer job. But I love it. I have met so many wonderful people all being the hands and feet of Jesus. My challenge to you is become the hands and
feet of Jesus and actively search for things you can do to make our world a little more Christ like.

Prayer
Dear Lord, Open my eyes so I can see the hungry, the thirsty, the homeless, the sick and the injustice in this world. Give me the strength to stand up and make a difference as I want to be your hands and feet. Amen.

No comments: