Friday, March 14, 2014

Lent 2014 - March 14

MARCH 14 – Psalm 103:1-4,9-12
By: Brooks Collins



In this Psalm, David implores us to be grateful to God for the many blessings He has given us, but also for His mercy and forgiveness. He goes on to use imagery of great distance when he talks about how much God loves us (“as high as the heavens are above the earth”), and how completely He forgives our sins (“as far as the east is from the west”). What a relief that God DOESN’T give us what we deserve!!

The miracle of Easter is arguably the greatest example of God’s love and forgiveness for us. We condemned His only Son to crucifixion as a common criminal, an enemy of Rome, believing that we were bringing to an end the movement of a radical and a few unhinged followers. Had this truly been the end of the story, humanity would have been condemned to eternal death. Instead, God raised  Jesus from the grave, defeating sin and death, offering eternal life to all having faith and believing in the power of His love.

Prayer
Lord, as I make decisions about what I am to do each day, help me to base my choice in my love for you and for others. Let my actions create peace and build faith in You, so those who are touched by my actions will see Christ in this world. Amen.

No comments: