Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lent 2014 - March 9

MARCH 9 – 2 Timothy 1:8-10
By: Elaine Cornelius



8 Do not be ashamed, then, of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner, but join with me in suffering for the gospel, relying on the power of God, 9 who saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works but according to his own purpose and grace. This grace was given to us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, 10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

Ugh! I stare at my computer screen where there’s another picture telling me to “share if I am not ashamed of Christ.” It sits on my page and I ignore it as usual, not because I am embarrassed by my faith, but because nothing I post on social media sites can speak of my faith more clearly than the way I live. I can be bold in sharing my faith, rely on God’s power and not my own and the message will be heard by all who choose to see.

Nothing I do will change the fact we are covered by God’s grace. It is a free gift. We are called to God’s purpose for our lives, which He selected specifically for us because of His love for us. We are to experience life for the gospel or maybe it’s more of live our life through the gospel. This would mean the gospel is such a part of our lives that we don’t need to post something on social media to tell everyone we are not ashamed, our lives will do that for us. Anyone who sees us would be certain not only of who we are but who Christ is.

Prayer
Lord, give me the courage to live life as Your follower, demonstrating Your love and grace no matter what other people may say or do. Thank you for Your gift of grace. Help me to live the gospel in all aspects of my life so all who see me, find You.

No comments: