Monday, March 23, 2009

Lenten Reflection - Day 27: by Tracy Daniels



READING: Ephesians 2: 1-10

Lost, alone, sad. Feelings of despair and the need to control everything around me. Stop. Just stop and listen. Take a deep breath. Breathe in new life, I mean New Life. The Life of Jesus. Christ raised me up on that day filled will sadness, when I didn’t think I could go on any longer. When would it stop? When would life be “normal” again? Questions that had been rolling around in my mind, unanswered for weeks, months. But when I stopped, took a deep breath and really let it sink in I realized what my life is all about.

It’s not about me, my kids, the life that I had built up in my mind so longing to return to. It’s about listening, really listening. Opening my heart, letting go of all the things I want to control. I’ve come to realize it’s not MY life, its Christ living through me. These decisions I felt I had to make, could wait. This life that had to keep moving, kept moving whether I wanted it to or not. And it’s okay. Because I’m the one that doesn’t have to decide anymore. Everything will be decided for me, I just need to listen, breathe deep, and open my heart.

This Easter I vow to grow deeper with my relationship with Jesus Christ. He died and rose again so that I could be forgiven, and have new life every day. What a gift! All the things in my life are a blessing in some way, shape or form. I just need to let Christ flow through me because in Him is New Life, every single day. Just stop, listen, and breathe. An open heart with Jesus Christ saved my soul, and my life.

No comments: