Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lenten Reflection - Day 30: by Erin Swenson-Reinhold



READING: Psalm 61

Hear my cry, O God;
Listen to my prayer. – Psalm 61:1

Lent has always been a special time of reflection and prayer for me. During Lent of 2000, our oldest, Samuel, was merely a newborn, and Nathan and I were struggling with learning how to be parents in addition to our vocational calls. Fortunately, we were blessed to be part of a supportive congregation and an active small group where we could set our prayers before God. During this period, I often found myself crying out with my questions and concerns. Nathan received the call to enter the ministry that Lent -- I knew that call was God answering our prayers even though the answer was not what I expected. I also knew that it was our turn to respond to His call.

This Lenten season I find myself in a similar predicament – parenting a newborn again and crying out to God for strength, hope and wisdom. I know God will answer my prayers and provide for all of our needs often in the most unexpected manner – I just have to trust and believe. I pray that all of you will be filled with the knowledge that God is with you in the midst of your journey – wherever you may go and whatever may happen, God hears our prayers on our faith journey.

No comments: