Friday, March 27, 2009

Lenten Reflection - Day 33: by Melissa Hauck



READING: Psalm 51: 1-12

My mother married a Lutheran Minister when I was ten years old. So our lives consisted of church every week. When I moved out, I only went on Christmas, Easter and an occasional Sunday.

When I met my husband Steve, we knew we wanted to find a church we liked together. We found St. Stephen and knew we had found our church. We had both our boys and baptized them here.

The guidance my parents gave me, helped me find the place I needed to be as an adult and with my family. My husband and children are what has made me stronger and grow with my faith in God. I know now I can guide my children to love themselves and God. I look forward to seeing them grow stronger in their faith with God as I have. I feel so blessed to be part of such a great family here at St. Stephen.

No comments: