Friday, March 27, 2009

Lenten Reflection - Day 32: by Crystal Law



READING: Jeremiah 31: 31-34

All I can say is Wow! Can you feel the impact of those words? “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts because they will know me.” I will be the first one to admit that I have struggled with my faith and religion. It was never that I did not believe in God but I couldn’t align the protestations of the people of God and their actions. I would watch people of faith, see how they love their neighbors but not act neighborly at all. While reading the actions of our forefathers in the Inquisition, all I could think is, “Why am I a part of this?” I have come to the realization that others actions or lack there of do not define me. I have my own Story, though not a published one, since it is a journey. It is manuscript that is constantly undergoing editing and revisions and the next chapter is blank ready for me to pick up a pen to write it. That doesn’t mean some passages are easy to write. Faith looks like a heart rate monitor, your heart goes up and down just like your faith will, but when it is flat lining, stagnant; you have problems.

There are times in my life that I wished I had listened to God and his word a bit closer because it would have saved me a lot of trouble. I remember reciting the Lords Prayer on my own accord when I was 7 years old and walking home with Brett from school. I can vividly remember walking past the baseball park and reciting “forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation.” Now if only I could have applied that to any offences and affronts my lovely siblings have done, I would have saved my Mothers a lot of grief from breaking up fights. Tomorrow is a new day, a chance to learn from the past and become a better friend, sister, and daughter of Christ because declares the Lord, “I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

No comments: